A CAREER SWITCH: IS IT THE RIGHT MOVE?
23 APRIL 2021 | EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE, LEADERSHIP, LIFE COACHING, PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT, SELF HELP, WELLBEING
A CAREER SWITCH: Is it the right move?
How many of us knew by the age of 18 what career path to take?
How many of us chose a degree based on future income?
How many of us feel stuck with the choice they made?
How many of us spend our days struggling while dealing with our daily tasks?
How many of us wish to change the outcome in a blink of an eye?
HOW MANY OF US FEEL REALLY STUCK?
I was in your shoes...
At some point in my career as an architect, when I was ready to make a move, I had tears in my eyes every morning, feeling as if I was going to school!
I was struggling to finish every single day...
There were so many reasons for that:
- I chose architecture because it had a promising future. It was very well paid, and my brother was already a civil engineer.
- At the start, I was very passionate... However, working for other people who did not have the same culture and values made the journey harder. I was regularly settling for available jobs. I did not take the time to focus on what I was getting myself into! This is how I lost my passion!
- It took much more than I could handle to prove myself. I did an excellent job, yet I was burnt out!
When I say I was in your place, I really mean it. I felt the pain, and I couldn't handle the pressure anymore. I resigned in the hope of a career Switch!
It was a wrong move. Why?
- I did not have a clear idea of what I really want to do.
- I needed the financial support my work was providing.
- My decision was emotional at the first pace.
- I did not have peace and clarity internally, which are the core tools for a career switch.
I WAS NOT READY!
The financial pressure crushed the burning motivation I had to start my new career path!
I was not emotionally stable, and therefore I felt helpless and was ready to settle for an available job.
To be honest, I do not regret that, but I learned many lessons that I would love to share to help you invest your energy in the right place.
I FINALLY UNDERSTOOD HOW IT WORKED!
I dedicated time every day to search inside for answers. I wanted to explore my passion by gathering all the pieces of the puzzle...
When I figured it out, I got terminated!
IT IS WHEN I KNEW I WAS READY!
I did a career switch at 40 years of age!
I did not want to lead a resentful life!
I wanted to chase my dreams!
HAVE YOU ASKED YOURSELF IF YOU WERE READY?
If you had the chance to change something, what would you do differently?
So many questions might be going through your head as we speak!
Is it too late to switch careers?
Yet, Is it fair to ignore your passion for a lifetime while living in regret?
Isn't it more secure to be in a place where you know the challenges rather than being in a whole new environment where nothing is clear?
SWITCHING CAREERS IS A RISK TO TAKE WHEN YOU KNOW YOU ARE NOT WHERE YOU WISH TO BE!
Stretching your comfort zone will never be an easy task... dealing with your limiting beliefs and you are built-in programs will never make this process easier. It will take you on never-ending guilt trips...
THE OUTCOME IS WORTH IT!
ONLY if you are ready to commit, persevere and reach your dream. You will unlock an unlimited potential once you jump in and realize that you can build your wings on the way down.
MY STEP BY STEP ADVICE FOR YOU TODAY!
- Search for your passion while you are still dealing with your current job. Ask yourself questions to unlock that dormant state of mind!
- Give yourself time daily to reflect on your chosen idea: learn more about your WHY, your past (which is why you are here today), your future, your values, your mission, your vision, and your talents.
- Make sure your new path serves others as much as it helps you. There is nothing more fulfilling than having an outcome that has a collective benefit. Each and every one of us was born with a gift that contributes to better humanity. The challenge is to free your mind from built-up pressure to revive that gift of yours and reclaim your life!
- Start visualizing the outcome in detail and try to experience how it would feel if you were to achieve this result soon. Live it in your mind daily. Write a description of it in your journal or notes, record it if you can, and keep on repetitively reading it out loud throughout your day.
- Take the first step towards materializing your goal by believing that you can, even when everyone and everything around you do not seem in place for such a move.
- Once you are ready, circumstances will be at your service. Your dream will start unfolding unpredictably.
YOUR ONLY LIMIT IS YOUR MIND
Your RESULTS are the fruits of your ACTIONS.
Your ACTIONS come from your FEELINGS.
Your FEELINGS are generated from your ATTITUDE.
Your ATTITUDE is the product of your BELIEFS.
Your BELIEFS are a reflection of your PROGRAMMING!
Working at the level of your programming is the shortest way to freedom!
Copyright © 2022 Dima Istambouli - All Rights Reserved